Sunday, April 26, 2009

SERIOUSLY?

From the City of Peru, I receive an electric bill for the Church with the address of 1830. Even during my trip to the local library I was able to find out that where our parking lot sits now, there used to be a house. It makes perfect sense to me that the Church would have the address 1830, I mean, if you take away a house, they don't reassign house numbers, do they? I think not.

So, when I first moved in, I put out a mail box with the handwritten address of 1830, just in case. I don't receive mail at the Church, everything goes to the parish house. Shortly, after I put up the mailbox, my postal carrier "informed" me that my address was not 1830 but instead 1828. I wasn't the least bit concerned as I do not get mail at the Church and I think she's wrong, so who cares. I left the mailbox up and never gave it another thought. A few months ago, I noticed "someone" took a marker and scribbled out the "30" of the "1830". Oh whateva!.....again I ask, who cares.

WELL, two days ago I was leaving the Church to go to work when I noticed that "SOMEONE" took a black marker AND WROTE 1828 ON THE FLIPPIN' WOOD DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously?


I really still cannot believe it. Now, mind you...the door definitely needs to be refinished, so in the big scheme of things...what's the harm? BUT SERIOUSLY? WHO WRITES ON SOMEONE'S DOOR WITH A MARKER? Now, it's not that I'm mad, I certainly am not mad but what gets me is the principle of the act itself. PLUS, I just think she's WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!
AND she NEVER, EVER delivers mail to either 1830 OR 1828, so why does she even care?????

Then, I started thinking....there's people out there,

lots of them...

I know quite a few, in fact...

that simply MUST have things just the precise way that they believe they should be. There is just no other way. She must be one of "those" people and I guess her business is addresses, a business she must take very seriously, so perhaps every day she passes that Church door with the "WRONG" address on it, it must drive her

A B S O L U T E L Y C R A Z Y!

Like the door must be calling out to her every day, except Sundays....

"YOU WHO!!!!!! LOOK AT ME, I'M WEARING THE WRONG ADDRESS ON MY DOOR! HA HA HA HA!!!!! TAKE THAT SILLY POSTAL LADY....WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT????"


Well, I guess she sure showed my door who was boss.



No comments:

Post a Comment