Wednesday, April 1, 2009

O L D S T U F F


Shortly after we took possession of the Church and parsonage, I went to the local library. I wasn't able to find out a lot of information but I did find these early photos. Someone told me that the Church was originally on Calhoun Street and it was moved. We obviously believe that it was a wooden structure. My brother has been up to the bell tower and the attic, he said there is a triangular window that we do not see from the outside. I'll have to see if I can get him up there to take some photos. There is no way in hell, I'm climbing up the "ladder" that runs up the side of the tower. The bell is still there, a rope hangs to the bottom and you can still ring it. I always let the kids who visit give it a go. Most of them think it's kind of cool. If you look at the pictures closely you can see a house on the left side of the church. The house is no longer there, instead I have a cement parking lot that is 60x120. Makes for a great place to hold an auction or yard sale. Perhaps this summer, maybe a party with the friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment