Saturday, April 18, 2009

Here's a thought at 3:30am...

I have this card, it's old. I bought it probably two lifetimes ago. It's still in it's cellophane wrapper. I'm up at 3:30am for no explainable reason and I reach for this card. While I knew the gist of it, it's been a long time since I actually read it. I thought I'd share...

"Take surprise in each sunrise and comfort in each moon.
Move often, carrying your Home with you.
Climb mountains. Stroll beaches. Drive cars on busy streets
and sail bicycles
down
big
hills.
Love among the Hate, when love is what you truly feel.
Suck strength from your anger, and then let it go.
Scream at the ocean.
Run when the sign says walk.
Question authority and accept Change.
Fill your soul instead of your pockets.
Have lunch on busy sidewalks.
Dance alone in your kitchen.
Talk to everyone you meet, including the soldiers in your head.
Watch closely. Read something. Listen hard.
Smile in every mirror. Grow with each tear.
With a heart and a brain, loneliness is unacceptable.
HAVE FUN! without maps or directions.
Cherish Happiness. Buy it if you have to, but always give it away freely.
Wear short skirts and long dresses.
Wave at the uniformed and the unsavory.
Keep them guessing, and praying and hoping and laughing.
Struggle. Fight, Try, Reach, Build, Learn,
Crawl, Invent, Rally, Fall, Get up again.
And if the heavens should happen to open,
offering transportation to even the smallest of dreams,
Ride the nearest cloud."
I think that's what Mother said, as she floated by in white.


An interesting collection of words I think. Some things to consider. But perhaps, no more thinking tonight, as I have to get up in 3 hours for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment