Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Mom


This is one of my favorite pictures of my mom. She looks so awesomely happy here and this is how I want to think of her. She is one tough lady and she's putting up a good fight. I just told her that it's "okay", that Bob and I would be okay and that we loved her. She spoke her first words to me since we have been here in Peoria, she said "I know, I know". Told her she was a great mom and that she needed to go do what she needs to do.

I'm sure it will be awhile yet so I will have a chance to talk to her some more. We never were too big on sharing feelings outloud, so I'm sure it will be hard. I hope I don't come away from this with regrets.


What do you say to someone you will not see again in this world?


I wish I knew her when this picture was taken, I think she was probably alot of fun.
Life dealt her some shitty cards in the game of Love. I believe she only truly loved one man. He came to the hospital today. He didn't ask to see her, he was here more for Bob and I but I wonder if he should have seen her. Her vanity would have made it difficult for her but if I were in her shoes, I think I would have like to have seen himone last time. I don't think he would have handled it well at all. He always cared about my mom, she just wasn't the one he wanted to spend his life with anymore. I know he's hurting too.


This picture was taken the same day as the one above.




Today, this is my happy place...

sitting in this boat, observing this young couple and sharing a few laughs.



No comments:

Post a Comment