Friday, March 27, 2009

Where to start?

A fellow-rehabber suggested I blog about my "little" project. I thought it was a great idea and wished that I thought to do it over three years ago. So, alot of this is in hindsight, however I found this entry in one of my journals which kind of sets the stage for my mentality a year into this journey.



June 7, 2007
Somehow I must be proud of this small town I am from, I can hear myself over the years making fun of it, yet it would enter many conversations. I would always end those conversations with a confident chuckle and say “I’ll never move back there.”

So, here I am moved back and I’m listening for that sound that should follow me hitting rock bottom. Yet again, with the same sarcasm.




I left when I was 19 and went out to experience this big ol' world. I have had incredible experiences but I think the time finally came to come home. Now it's a going to be a full three years here in the Illinois Valley and I don't regret a moment of it.

2 comments:

  1. I know all too well the experience of leaving a place "to never return" and then moving right back later. I look forward to seeing what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment! I hope I don't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete